5 Ways to Upgrade Your Backyard
It is just about summer time in South Florida which means it is the season of backyard barbecues and pool days! Backyards are the perfect way to enjoy summer and in this week’s blog, we are going to share 5 ways you can upgrade your space and get it ready for the hot weather.
1. Create an outdoor living space: One way to upgrade your backyard is by creating an outdoor living space. This can include a seating area with comfortable chairs and a table, an outdoor kitchen with a grill, or even a fire pit or outdoor fireplace. If you are a fan of hosting, an outdoor living space is crucial for a good summer party.
2. Add some landscaping: Landscaping can help transform your backyard into a beautiful oasis. You can add some plants, trees, and flowers that thrive in your local climate and that complement the style of your home. We’re not just looking for functionality this summer, it is time for some TLC as well!
3. Install a water feature: Adding a water feature like a pond, waterfall, or fountain can add a calming and serene ambiance to your backyard. It can also attract birds and other wildlife, making your backyard a more peaceful place to be. However, the ultimate water feature to include to get through the scorching South Florida summers is a pool! If you have the space and means to build a pool, you surely will not regret it.
4. Create a garden: A garden can be a great way to upgrade your backyard while also providing fresh produce and herbs. You can create a vegetable garden, herb garden, or even a flower garden, depending on your preferences. This can also serve as a hobby to get you outside and moving around— which is beneficial to anyone and everyone!
5. Install outdoor lighting: Installing outdoor lighting can help create a warm and inviting atmosphere in your backyard. You can use string lights, lanterns, or even landscape lighting to highlight your landscaping and outdoor living areas. This will ensure the summer parties and get-together can last well past sundown!
Backyards have a special way of becoming a little piece of paradise right at home. This is why our team at Bartley Builder Group communicates and works hands-on with our clients to make sure they can have the backyard of their dreams! For any further questions on how we can help you and get you ready for summer, contact us today.